Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hotter than, well you know, outside. :P

So I hope everyone who reads this is doing well today. :) And those who live in the greater Seattle area, isn't completely exhausting themselves in the heat. Quite hot, for early June, yeah? I'm not certain yet (as I'll watch the news at 11pm to know, but I believe today's high to be around 88F. Tomorrow it's slated to be 90F! Whew! So during the day I've had the windows open, obviously. Well at least when I'm at home. When I'm not, and at night I believe in keeping them closed. It's safer that way. Especially since I drove past my ex the other day who's skulking in the area.

For those who know me, and of my issues with my ex, they understand why I'm not thrilled to know he's around. For those who don't, well I'm not going into detail here, but there's a very good reason I'm not with him anymore. I will say this, it's obvious that he, and his current girlfriend are homeless. Visibly obvious. And well he's tall and has always been skinny. Twig thin, and yet he's somehow LOST even more weight! He's gone from twig to uncooked spaghetti noodle. How? I don't know. *shudders* Now I want to loose weight, but I'll never even think about going that thin. (Not that I could). I think being overly thin is just as bad, if not worse, than being overweight. I mean.. how could you stand it? o_o

Back to the heat for a moment... I actually got to work today! Which is awesome, as I love the job, I just need more hours. I work in a portrait studio though, and so the camera room is always hot. That's okay, there IS a fan, and you normally can walk outside the room for a bit to cool down, and get a drink of water to stay hydrated. However the store's air conditioning had broken down, and when they got it fixed, it seems they only fixed the bottom two levels. They did nothing for the floor I'm on. So it was extremely hot, with no escape. Thankfully I brought two liters of water with me. Yeesh!

I've finally got bean sprouts! Nothing on the pumpkins, potatoes, lettuce, or chard yet though. Hopefully they'll sprout soon. They're getting enough sun! The tomato and cucumber plants seem to still be thriving, and I know the sunflowers are. An odd thing happened though. One of the bean sprouts is a transplant of the one my kid did in school. Different variety than the ones we planted though. Not sure which but... it's obviously different. Anyhow we planted it yesterday, and it did well. This morning it was in good shape, and we watered the garden. Even looked at it at 3pm with the rest later on. Well went up the hill for a bit, when we got back at 3:30, it was limp, and appeared to be wilting. So we added some potting soil, put a stick in the ground and tied it to the stick gently to keep it upright, and watered it. A half hour later, it was THRIVING again! Bounced back nicely. o_O Is that normal?

And then, I've been cooking. I'm NEVER using a premade gluten free pizza crust again... except perhaps for a frisbee. Next time I'm going to try to make my own. Not only was it cardboard in taste, it was as hard as a rock. The pizza was an obvious fail. If anyone has any suggestions on making GF pizza crusts, I'd gladly take them. The GF teriyaki beef last night though, was awesome. So there IS that. I thank my former roommate for teaching me how to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment